Sunday, January 4, 2015

Deadlines set the tone, keep us moving in a positive direction

The front of the Ed Emberley inspired baby quilt.



If it wasn't for deadlines I might not ever get anything finished. So with the deadline of babies being born I completed two baby quilts in December. Welcome to the world little ones. And along with baby quilts comes an opportunity to give a new quilting technique or fabric a try. For my first new arrival I made a quilt with none other than Ed Emberley fabric. When explaining this fabric to others I was surprised that not everyone has heard of this fantastic artist that taught my own children to draw with his "how to draw" series of books for children.
Along with this fun quilt for the new little girl, I gave her older brothers, ages 5 and 7, the books along with drawing supplies. I hope everyone enjoys their Ed Emberley experience.

The back of the quilt includes a panel with large drawings I could not cut.


There was a great panel, sort of, that went with the line of Ed Emberley fabrics. The panel shows with dotted lines how to cut around the large drawing and how they can be used. It was such a great panel that I left it whole and added it to the back of the baby quilt. I even left the selvage showing on purpose because it too added a special element to the quilt.

On to my next deadline. I have a name to add to the next baby quilt and need to get it delivered. Then I may make a list of things I want to accomplish for 2015. I'm not much of a list maker but there are things I really want to finish.................. Are you a list maker?

1 comment:

  1. I must admit I am a list maker!!! Love the baby quilt as always. Keep up the great work and have fun!

    ReplyDelete