Sunday, June 21, 2015

Student Art from my Workshop is an Inspiration

A student version of Wonky Stars. Thanks Carrie!

 
I love to teach because I learn so much from my students. I was fortunate to teach two classes last week at the Danville Community Arts Center. My quilts are hanging in exhibit on the walls at the center so it was fun to pull out tables, ironing boards, sewing machines and cutting mats in the midst of the quilts and teach classes. I taught two classes. One was Wonky Trees and the other was Wonky Stars. I had great students and I learned as much from them as they did from me. It is always fun to see what color combinations people are drawn to and what other elements they include that never crossed my mind. We has a great day in the bright, spacious hall. I wanted to share with you some of the student work from the workshops.
I still have one more workshop scheduled at the Community Arts Center. It is from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, July 18. I will be teaching the design elements for my quilt called "Birmingham Blast." This quilt,  made as a baby quilt for my niece,  is quite dramatic but actually fairly simple to make.



Students added their own touches to Wonky Trees.

These trees have beading as an embellishment.





 
Here is a photo of Birmingham Blast under construction.


2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the Wonky Trees class. Looking forward to taking more classes from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was out of the country last week or I would've been there for the first two classes, which I bet were a lot of fun. But I've signed up for the one in July and look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete